Visiting the Real Alcázar of Seville is one of the must-sees on a trip to Seville. It is the oldest active royal palace in Europe and it is, also, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, but you may know it better as Dorne, since the Alcazar of Seville was one of the Andalusian filming locations of the popular TV show “Game of Thrones”. The Alcázar served as the setting for Dorne’s Water Palace of Sunspear, the verdant summer home of the royal Martell family.
When visiting the Alcázar of Seville, you should keep in mind: that it has a maximum restriction of 750 visitors per day, so we highly recommend purchasing the tickets in advance. As there are several ticket options to visit this amazing place, here is our post about all types of tickets to visit the Alcázar of Seville.
Different types of tickets that you can find
Essentially, you will find two types of tickets: the general one and the ticket that also includes the “Cuarto Real” entry. The complex includes the Yeso Palace, the Hall of Justice, the Mudejar Palace built by King Pedro I, the Gothic Palace and the Patio de las Muñecas.
- General visit: their price is 13,50€ but the are several discounts for children or seniors.
- General visit and Upper Royal Room: you can visit the “Cuarto Real” official residence of the Kings of Spain in this city
- Night visit of the Alcázar of Seville: Includes a theatrical performance with a group of actors representing historical figures who lived in the palace. (only during summer)
Buying the ticket in advance gives you some advantages: you can skip the line from the ticket office and immediate confirmation. On the other hand, you must be careful when buying the tickets because the monument has a strict policy of no refunds or exchanges, and also you would have to pay a fee for purchasing the tickets online (but it is 1€)
When you can visit the Alcázar
From October 1 to March 31: from 9:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
From April 1 to September 30: from 9:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Closed on January 1st and 6th, “Viernes Santo” and December 25th.
How do I get there?
The address of the Alcázar is Patio de Banderas, s/n, 41004 Sevilla, España. But here is a map with the actual location of the Alcázar and also, the main entrance.
A few things to bear in mind
- The main entrance for visiting the Alcazar is “Puerta del León” (the Lion’s Gate)
- You must show your ticket before entering (on your phone or printed)
- Not all the tickets include the “Cuarto Real”, make sure if your ticket includes the entry or not
- All reduced rates (children, seniors, EU students…) must present valid documentation proving it at the ticket office upon access to the venue.
- No changes or returns are allowed once payment has been made.
- Pets are not allowed.
- You have to exit before 5:45 p.m. from October to March and at 7:45 p.m. from April to September.
- Any type of food or beverages is not allowed inside the monument. Except for water and baby food.
- You can access the monument from 15 minutes before to 30 minutes after the time indicated at the entrance.
- Restrooms are available within the facility.
You can visit the Alcázar on your own but you must keep in mind that it is a monument belonging to a culture of which the vast majority of us are not familiar. That is why we advise you to join one of our guided tours to enjoy the experience to the fullest.