The Alhambra is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Spain, and for good reason. This stunning palace and fortress complex is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1984 and one of the most important surviving remnants of the period of Islamic rule in the Iberian Peninsula.
If you’re planning a trip to the Alhambra, it’s a good idea to get a map of the complex. This will help you plan your visit and make sure you don’t miss anything.
The map we recommend is the Official Alhambra and Generalife Map.
This map is clear and easy to read, and it shows all the major areas of the complex, including the Nasrid Palaces, the Generalife Gardens, and the Alcazaba fortress. You can find the main facilities that the monument offers too. The map also includes a legend on the right side that explains the different symbols used on the map. This is helpful if you’re not familiar with the different parts of the Alhambra.
In addition to the map, we also recommend booking a guided tour. A profesional guide will give you more information about the history and architecture of the complex. So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip today!
What are my guided tour options?
First of all, you should keep in mind that visiting the whole monument takes al least three hours to complete. But there is a few options to considerate:
- If you want to explore the whole momument, including the highlights like the Nasrid Palaces. This is your tour!
- I don’t have much time but I would also like to visit the Alhambra. This is your tour!
Don’t miss our Top 10 things to see in the Alhambra Palace post to discover the best parts of the monument.
Additional tips for planning your visit
Here are some additional tips for planning your visit to the Alhambra:
- Book your tickets in advance. The Alhambra is a very popular tourist destination, and tickets can sell out quickly.
- Visit during the off-season. The Alhambra is busiest during the summer months, so if you can, try to visit during the spring or fall.
- Allow enough time. The Alhambra is a large complex, and it takes at least three hours to see everything.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing a lot of walking, so make sure you wear comfortable shoes.
- Bring a water bottle. It can get hot in the summer, so bring a water bottle to stay hydrated.