Granada is a city with a rich culinary history, and there are endless options for dining out. From tapas to international cuisine, there’s something for everyone in Granada. Whether you’re looking for traditional cuisine, vegetarian and vegan options, or gluten-free options, I’ve got you covered. Here are the list of the best tapas in Granada.
Something you need to know before go to “tapear”
There are a couple of rules that you need to know before going to “tapear”: More than two types of tapas are never allowed per order, and you will find some places where you cannot choose your tapa (they will surprise you).
- Bodegas Castañeda (Travesía Almireceros 1-3 Esquina Plaza Sillería): Without a doubt the most legendary bar in Granada. A typically Andalusian place with traditional cuisine (paella, cocido (chickpeas and meat stew), potato stew, migas…) We also recommend trying the vermouth or Calicasas wine (house speciality)
- Los Manueles (Plaza de Bib-Rambla, 16): This restaurant has been feeding the locals since 1917 with purely Andalusian cuisine. If you want to try any of their specialties, don’t overlook their croquettes (huge in size), their Sacromonte omelette or their habas con jamón (fava/broad beans with serrano ham).
- Bar Los Diamantes (Plaza Nueva, 13): This popular tapas bar has been open since 1942 and it is known for its fresh seafood and fish dishes. Be sure to try the gambas al ajillo (garlic shrimp) and the cazón en adobo (fried fish). A good place to have a well-draft beer and snack on something taken from the sea.
- Casa de vinos La Brujidera (Calle Monjas del Carmen, 2): A place dedicated to wine, with a selection that varies every month. You can choose from more than 100 wines by the glass or by the bottle. In this bar the tapas are small but they are marinated to perfection so you can really enjoy the wine. Plus, the terrace in a sunny day is amazing.
- La Bella Kurva (Calle San Jerónimo, 19): A place to surprise you where Mediterranean cuisine is mixed with international flavours. With your drink you get to choose from a list of tapas: sushi, soy noodles, chicken masala, ceviche, Thai salad… Veggie and gluten free options too! With a place with a young and intimate atmosphere, it is usually quite full so we recommend going early.
- El bar de Fede (Calle Marqués de Falces, 1): A very cozy establishment, with good music and a great service from the waiters. It provides tapas and a extensive menu of mediterranean cuisine with a contemporary touch.
Vegetarian and vegan tapas
- Om-kalsum (Calle Jardines, 17): the tapas bar with Arabic cuisine where spices such as cumin, curry or cinnamon fill the dishes. Although there are meat dishes, the majority of recipes are vegetarian or vegan (hummus, falafel, couscous…)
- El bar de Nino (Calle Joaquín Costa, 11): It is a tapas bar with a whole section of the menu dedicated to vegan dishes. Be sure to try the patatas bravas (oven baked potatoes with a spicy sauce) and the vegan burguer.
We hope you enjoy your time in Granada!