The Alhambra is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in Granada, Spain. It is a complex of palaces, gardens, and fortifications built by the Nasrid dynasty in the 13th and 14th centuries. The Alhambra is one of Spain’s most popular tourist destinations, attracting millions of visitors each year. In this post, we will explain all types of Alhambra tickets.
A little advice to start planning
Adequate planning is recommended, taking into account the time available, the accessibility of the monument, the weather, and your needs and interests.
There are four visitable spaces: Alcazaba Fortress, Nasrid Palaces, Partal Gardens, and Generalife Palace.
The order of visit must be established taking into account the time of entry to the Nasrid Palaces, expressly indicated in your ticket and which must be strictly followed, otherwise you will lose the right to visit it. The whole monument visit duration is around three hours to complete.
What do I need to know before buying my ticket?
- Purchase tickets in advance: Alhambra tickets can be purchased up to a year in advance and, as it is a popular tourist destination, tickets are very likely to sell out. So we highly recommend purchasing the tickets as soon as you decide to visit the monument.
- You can also buy them on the same day of your visit at the ticket office (if there are any tickets left), up to two hours before the allocated time for the entrance to the Nasrid Palaces.
- Personal information is required: Your name, surname, nationality, and passport number (your ID card or driver’s licence are also valid documents) will be required in the purchase process as the tickets are nominated and non-transferable. All this information must be entered the same as in the official document.
- New prices: Since the beginning of 2023, the price of tickets for the Alhambra has risen but in this post, you will find the current and official prices.
- Minority groups: If you belong to any of the following groups (European Youth Card Holders, EU citizens over 65, People with disabilities equal to or over 33%, or Large family members with cards issued in Spain) you can benefit from a small discount on your ticket. Those tickets are not valid until the documentary proof is presented at the ticket office before beginning your visit, or you must pay the full price corresponding to your type of ticket. So we suggest that you take an extra time to do that.
- Ticket modification and cancellation policy: Any purchase of tickets is definitive, so their cancellation or refund of the amount is not contemplated.
Tickets that include the Nasrid Palace entry
- Alhambra General: Daytime visit of the Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Partal Gardens, Generalife Palace
- Night Visit to Nasrid Palaces: Night time visit to the Nasrid Palaces
- Dobla de Oro General: Daytime visit of the Alcazaba, Nasrid Palaces, Partal Gardens, Generalife Palace; and daytime visit of the Andalusian monuments* (Corral del Carbón, Bañuelo, Dar al-Horra Palace, Moorish House, Chapiz House, and Zafra House)
- Dobla de Oro at Night: Nasrid Palaces night visit, and daytime visit for the Andalusian monuments* (Bañuelo, Dar al-Horra Palace, Moorish House, Chapiz House, and Zafra House)
- Alhambra Experiences: Nasrid Palace night visit and the next day, daytime visit to the Alcazaba, Partal Gardens, and Generalife Palace.
How to buy Alhambra tickets
Among all the purchase options, we can distinguish mainly two: on the one hand, if you decide to buy your ticket or, on the other hand, if you prefer that a travel agency do it for you.
There are plenty of travel agencies that offer Alhambra guided tours and tickets, and that is the easiest way to visit Alhambra. Bear in mind that personal information is needed to buy the Alhambra tickets such as your name, surname, and passport number, which must be provided to the travel agency.
Discovering Spain offers Alhambra guided tours daily in several languages. Our tours are led by experienced guides who are passionate about the Alhambra and its heritage. We will take you to all the highlights of the Palaces and Fortress, and we will share with you the fascinating history and stories of this magical place.
Thank you but I prefer to buy my ticket
No problem at all! Here is a list of all the points of sale:
- Online, via the official Alhambra website.
- By telephone, +34 858 889 002
- On site at the ticket office on the same day of your visit, if the tickets are not sold out.